To make sure we understand what your needs are, we’ll complete a needs assessment. You'll be asked about:
- the things you can do now
- what you need help to do
- anything that you would like to be able to do in the future.
We'll also talk to the prison staff (and health care staff where relevant).
This will help us to work out:
- what support you need
- whether you can access this support in your local community (often these are free services)
- if you need to access any services run by us
- the cost of the support you require.
Someone to speak for you
If you find it hard to understand things or get your meaning across, don’t worry. You can ask us to arrange for an independent advocate to support you during your assessment. This is a free service. An independent advocate is a trained professional who can help get your opinions heard. Learn more about advocates.