Paying for your care

"I'd like to know if I can get help with my care and support costs."


Do you want to continue living at home?

We know it's important to stay as independent for as long as possible, in your own home.

You may qualify for disability benefits that you can use to pay for the care and support you need.

These benefits include:

  • disability living allowance
  • personal independence payment (care component)
  • attendance allowance.

Learn more about these benefits on the GOV.UK website.

If you already receive these benefits

If you already receive any of these benefits, this will be taken into account during your financial assessment.

If you need to apply

If you think you may qualify for one of these benefits, you can find out more, and apply, on the GOV.UK website.

Please note: if you qualify for any benefits but choose not to claim them, we must still include the money you would receive in your financial assessment. This may result in you paying more money towards your care and support.

Benefits calculator

You can check if you qualify for any benefits using our benefits calculator.

You’ll need information about savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits (for you and your partner).

Support and organisations

If you need help to apply for benefits, here are some ways to get help.

Citizen’s advice - Hull and East Riding

Your local citizen’s advice team can help you to understand what you are entitled to, and to claim for those benefits. They can also support you if you disagree with a benefits decision. Learn more on the Citizen’s Advice - Hull and East Riding website.

More general information about benefits is available on the national Citizen’s Advice website.

Contact your welfare rights team

The welfare rights team provides free and confidential benefit advice and support to help to make sure you do not miss out on anything you qualify for.

Please get in touch by either of the following methods and leave your details:

Call adult social care on (01482) 393939