Needs assessment

"I’d like to know how you understand my care and support needs."

Support with needs assessments

Do you want to continue to live at home?

We know it’s important to keep your independence and stay living in your own home for as long as possible.

We’ve put together some great advice, along with details of many services and support groups that can help you with this.

If you would like some advice on needs assessments, there are a number of charities who can help you. You can also contact our Community Wellbeing Team.

Charities who can help

The following charities can provide advice on needs assessments:

Age UK

Age UK are a national charity available to support older people. You can find out more about needs assessments on the Age UK website. You can also call their free helpline if you want to talk to someone about needs assessments.

Community Wellbeing Team

If you want to talk to someone about needs assessments, one of our community wellbeing team members can help.

Get in touch by either of the following methods and leave your details:

Send us your details online - LINK NEEDED

Call the Community Wellbeing Team on 01482 393939

Our duty to you

The assessment is carried out in line with the Care Act 2014 about care and support. You can view an easy read guide about the Care Act 2014 on the GOV.UK website.

Mental capacity act 2005

If we feel you need help to make decisions about your care and support needs, we’ll arrange a mental capacity assessment. If your assessment shows you have no one to support you, we’ll arrange for an independent mental capacity advocate (IMCA) to attend any assessments or meetings you have with us.

You can view an easy read guide on the Mental Capacity Act on the Local Government Association website.